I suppose that home is where the heart is. I began my professional journey in the radio/broadcast industry and I’m grateful to call it home currently. In some ways, I feel I never really left the business at all.
After achieving my initial goal of hosting my own radio show, I quickly found that pursuing the curiosity of business – and the people behind those businesses – drew me away. Despite that, it seems I always managed to keep at least one toe dipped in the broadcast pool, either as an advertising buyer, an interviewee, part-time on-air fill-in host or just a friend to many in the industry.
Since I left the morning show anchor position at CHOK Radio back in 2001 to enter the sales and marketing end of business, I’ve put together countless multi-level marketing campaigns and have created, presented, sold, activated and reported on hundreds of customized client programs.
In the last 10 years, I’ve managed, owned and created businesses; managed teams of people and experienced both the incredible highs and disappointing lows that come with the reality of running a business.
Over that same period of time, through my own business (Kevin Bulmer Enterprises), I’ve written, recorded, released and performed a variety of original music; written columns for various publications; and have completed countless speaking, announcing and MC engagements, among other things.
All these years later, the collective experience has put me in a unique position to help other business people, especially as it relates to marketing in or around London, Ontario. If you’re a business owner / entrepreneur, I’ve been in your shoes and I know what it’s like. I’ve heard all the sales pitches and I know how tough it is to keep the machine rolling and yet somehow be able to take care of yourself and your staff too. It’s not easy.
At this stage in my life, I’m grateful to be working alongside a great group of people at Bell Media, with whom I’ve had a working relationship since 2006. And the chance to work with individuals on improving their respective businesses and achieving their marketing goals remains very rewarding.
I’d welcome the opportunity to learn more about your business, and will be happy to help you out if I can.
Please feel welcome to learn more about what I do through as a Marketing Consultant and Account Executive HERE.
And if you’re interested in some of the things I do for fun and to feed my creative side (such as music), please browse through the rest of this site.
Bell Media (formerly Astral Radio): Marketing Consultant (2012 – present) & Radio Broadcaster (2006 – 2011)
In my current role representing 1290 CJBK, BX 93, Funny 1410 and 97.5 Virgin Radio, I help local and regional business people grow their business through creation and activation of Strategic Marketing Plans. Previously, I spent some time working with them in an on-air capacity, including:
• Evening/weekend, midday and afternoon show guest host on Today’s Country BX 93 (’07 – ’11)
• Guest host of “London in the Afternoon” & “Shauna Rae Show” on News Talk 1290 (’06 – ’10)
Kevin Bulmer Enterprises (2000 to present)
Formed in 2000, Kevin Bulmer Enterprises is home to any of the creative or consultative activities that fall outside my day-to-day role in sales and marketing, including songwriting and performing, writing, speaking, announcing and consulting engagements. Much of this website is dedicated to those projects.
CPT Entertainment Inc: Managing Partner (June 2007 – May 2011)
• Created and grew new corporate account list from a cold start-up, selling trade show space, sponsorship, marketing and sales consulting, event management services and video production
• Created and activated various multi-level marketing campaigns, utilizing a variety of media such as print, radio, television, online, partnership (business-to-business) marketing, outdoor signage and sponsorship
• Responsible for managing concept to creation/implementation of a range of brand-new events and projects including private corporate trade shows (e.g. CANUSA Automotive Warehousing Tool & Equipment Show); consumer events (e.g., CPT Racing Experience, London Travel and Recreation Show, Speed and Custom Car Show); live music events (e.g., Juno award-winner David Francey concerts, Nashville songwriter Greg Hanna concert); video productions (e.g., Pit Stop Tour, Have Bus Racing Tours) and marketing and sales consulting
• Managed staff of three in creating new strategic market plan, public relations and sponsorship sales for a corporate account
• Active member of both London Chamber of Commerce and Tourism London
• Volunteer member of London Chamber of Commerce Marketing and Communications committee (2007 – 2010)
Delaware Speedway: Sales & Marketing Manager (’01 – ’04) / General Manager (’04 – ’07)
• Budgeted and managed all aspects of the business
• Developed and initiated company business and strategic market plan
• Responsible for hiring, coaching, counseling event-night staff of over 75 people
• Responsible for maintenance and upkeep of stock car racing facility
• Nominated for “Small Business of the Year” by London Chamber of Commerce (2005)
Blackburn Radio: Radio Broadcaster (1996 – 2001)
• Morning Show host, Radio 1070 AM CHOK (2000 / 2001)
• Afternoon show host, 1070 AM CHOK (1999/2000)
• Weekend and evening show host, 99.9 “The Fox” FM & 1110 CKTY (1996 – 1998)